Facebook Author Page


Saturday 25 June 2011

Exciting Times

The year is dashing by - I can hardly believe the longest day has come and gone already. It won't be long before the honey harvest, which happens here in mid to late July depending on the weather. I don't take much, as I keep bees more for the enjoyment and environmental benefits than for what they can give me. Though I get hours of free entertainment (and sometimes disappointment and frustration) out of them as well! In anticipation of the harvest, I ordered just a few odds and ends of equipment - as I thought. It arrived in three huge boxes, though luckily none were very heavy. It's amazing how much space a thermometer, some flat-pack carpentry and a few sheets of wax can take up when everything is individually packed in tons of shredded paper! Does your hobby end up filling the house from top to bottom with bits and pieces?
By the same post,  I got some some copies of the Japanese version of The Count of Castelfino and the French edition of Count Giovanni's Virgin. I like to get these as the cover art is always subtly different from country to country. This means my bookshelves are filling up, so I'm going to be giving away a copy of each of these most recent additions to my collection. If you have Japanese or French friends, they'd make an unusual present!
To get your name into the draw for one of these signed copies, just email me via my website, http://www.christinahollis.com putting either the word 'Japanese' or the word 'French' in the subject line. Good luck in the draw!

No comments:

Post a Comment